The rosy cheeks, pink air and warm cuddle’s are already here this season.
I am in love with the cold, the afternoon sun and mist filled evenings. I call this a perfect time of the year for girls to feel pretty and beautiful. Lets loosen up the hair in the breeze, flaunt that precious dress in the starry night and allow few more inches of heels for walking high. Lets shine in style this winter, Girls.
While watching The Breakfast at Tiffany’s, I couldn’t resist admiring Ms. Audrey Hepburn and perhaps the most famous and impeccable diva. With a tiara, with her hair up , red lips – the lady knew how to WORK IT. With a grace, a beauty and a charm – she did not attempt to be anyone other than herself in anything that she did.
Personally, I cannot miss a chance to get dolled up with that perfect pair of stiletto, putting forward my right attitude. But then there is always one special dress that you preserve for a certain occasion.
There is something about slipping on a little black dress that can change a woman’s aura. The way she carries herself, smiles, becomes a little classier and a little sassier just by sliding it on. It’s not something you can explain, teach or learn. I call it a phenomenon that is experienced by single women, married women, young women, old women, and women of all shapes, sizes and races – That’s the Power of the Little Black Dress, fellas.
I have about three of my own, in varying styles, versatile just like me – I can dress it up, dress it down, wear flip-flops or my fabulous pink stilettos. Someday, I would love to garnish myself with pearls and a white brooch – but whatever the occasion and whatever the image I hope to portray – I feel special with the little black dress.
It can never go wrong. Just like Audrey’s words can make even the most introverted of women walk a little taller, feel a little bolder, and love a little harder. So much so that when I’m needing to feel my most audacious and fabulous, I often ask myself and double-check what it takes to feel beautiful:
1. When I’m feeling a little cranky and need to have my radiance back, I think: For beautiful lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
2. When I need to look beautiful, I believe: I don’t need high-end clothes and makeup. I can convey that I am pretty while picking up apples off a tree or standing in the rain.
3. When I need to remember to live in the now and let the Future take care the how: I pick the day for just myself. Enjoy it. The day as it comes. People as they come – the past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.
4. And finally, when my heart is heavy and need a sudden jolt back to reality: I start believing in pink, anything that has pink on it. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in loving myself, a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Well, this is just the same regular girl asking all my girlfriends to wear that precious little black dress. Indeed with a smile and style. Lets get dressed for success and live out loud with our Dream’s.
It’s something unpredictable, but in the end there’s right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
– Green Day (Time of your Life)