Thai cuisine is one among my favorites. My liking for Thai food started when I visited Wichita on a business trip. My peer from work being a foodie, we indulged in a lot of Thai food during our trip. The favorite still stays Thai Fried Rice and Pad Thai!
I tried different Pad Thai recipes available on the web, after a lot of adaptation, modification and experiments I was successful in making my version of Pad Thai at home!
Pad thai is a dish of flat rice noodles with pad-thai- sauce and vegetables. I like my sauce to lead with gentle sweet flavor, followed by a mild tanginess, and then a soft caress from the chilli at the end. In all, you can really taste the subtle blend of sauces, which when added to the noodles and vegetables creates a texture and taste that makes Pad Thai a lip-smacking experience.
To Make Sauce – Add: Soy Sauce, Fish Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Chilly Sauce, Tamarind Pulp, Brown Sugar, Oil – 2 Spoons Each in a vessel and mix thoroughly. The secret to a tasty Pad Thai is the balance of the sweetness, sourness and spiciness in the sauce. Usually, you cook rice noodles by placing it in hot water for 25 mins, never boil pad noodles.
1. Heat oil and add all the vegetables (Carrots, French Beans, Broccoli, Baby corn and lots of Spring onion) and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until soft but still crisp.
2. Now add rice noodles, some salt and stir it to mix them all together.
3. Add the prepared Pad Thai sauce little by little to make sure you are not adding too much of sauce.
4. Give the noodles a nice stir. Taste it and adjust the ingredients if required. Remove from heat and serve hot.
I could probably eat Thai food everyday and never get bored with it. Happy Eating. Cheers!
- How to Make a Pad Thai in 5 Minutes (theflyingfugu.com)
- Viet Thai (literaryidiot.wordpress.com)
- Thai Five (withyourmouth.wordpress.com)